Taylor Swift makes history as all the entries in the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 for the week of November 5, 2022, are by her.
She is the first artist in history to have achieved this sweep. The closest is Drake, who dominated the top 10 of the Hot 100 with nine songs in one week of September 2021.
All 10 songs are from Swift’s latest album Midnights. Taking the #1 spot is “Anti-Hero,” followed by “Lavender Haze,” “Maroon,” “Snow on the Beach,” and “Midnight Rain.”
Rounding out the top 10 are “Bejeweled,” “Question…?,” “You’re on Your Own, Kid,” “Karma,” and “Vigilante Shit.”
Midnights also broke the following records, according to Billboard:
- The most titles from the top of the Hot 100 in a single week, beating Drake and The Beatles
- The most top 10s among women in the chart’s history, with 40. Madonna has 38. Among all acts, she trails only Drake (59 top 10s).
- Midnights is the first album ever with as many as 10 Hot 100 top 10s
- Swift is now one of 16 acts with nine or more Hot 100 No. 1s, and one of seven solo women. The others are Mariah Carey (19), Rihanna (14), Madonna (12), Whitney Houston (11), Janet Jackson (10), and Katy Perry (nine)
“Anti-Hero” is also Swift’s ninth Hot 100 No. 1. The others are:
- “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” three weeks at No. 1, beginning September 1, 2012
- “Shake It Off,” four weeks, beginning September 6, 2014
- “Blank Space,” seven weeks, beginning November 29, 2014
- “Bad Blood,” feat. Kendrick Lamar, one week, June 6, 2015
- “Look What You Made Me Do,” three weeks, beginning September 16, 2017
- “Cardigan,” one week, August 8, 2020
- “Willow,” one week, December 26, 2020
- “All Too Well (Taylor’s Version),” one week, November 27, 2021
What do you think? Share your thoughts below!
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at [email protected] or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad. Join our Viber group to be updated with the latest news!
border: 1px solid #ccc;
margin: 12px 0;
padding: 6px 20px;
margin: 12px 0;